Columbus Gun Shows, Franklin County Fair Grounds in Hilliard Ohio another stop on the OHIO Gun Shows schedule.
Please Note: GunShowTrader.com schedules are wrong, they do not provide the ability to contact them to make changes
The Columbus / Hilliard Gun Show at the Franklin County Fair Grounds
November 30, Dec 1, 2013
C & E Gun Shows at Westland Mall. Columbus Ohio:
Show information for Hilliard Gun Shows
Show times: Saturday 9am to 5pm. Sunday 9am to 4pm
Admission: $6.00, Children 15 and under are free
Paid Admission on Saturday is free entry on Sunday
Address: 4100 Columbia St. Hilliard OH 43026
Table Pricing: $50.00/table for two days, $45.00/table for 1 day
Tables: 175 Tables 8' long
Stay the weekend in Hilliard:
Motel 6 Columbus - Hilliard
Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard
BSA Heritage Green
History of Hilliard
Hilliard was formed in 1853 by John Reed Hilliard who was a resident of Piqua. He purchased two (2) pieces of land in Norwich Township outside of Columbus for development. Originally called "Hilliard's Station," the village was established to take advantage of the new Columbus, Piqua and Indiana Railroad which was planned to pass through this area from Columbus and continue west. Hilliard laid out 200 lots in a grid pattern parallel to the railroad. And although, John Reed Hilliard created the map and plan for Hilliardís Station, he never actually lived here.
In 1854, a post office was established in Hilliardís Station and the word Station was dropped from the town name. The Village of Hilliard became incorporated on July 13, 1869 with a population of 280 residents, an increase of about 200 from 1860. Incorporated means that the village became an official town with its own charter (a description of the townís rights, privileges and functions.)
The economy of Hilliard was dependent in its early years upon farming which took place on the land surrounding the Village. Because the village was so close to Columbus (10 miles), the railroad brought some large commercial and industrial development to Hilliard. Among the earliest businesses in the Village were a warehouse built by John Hilliard in 1853 and a steam saw mill built by Ralston and Kirkpatrick in 1854. In 1892, a creamery was built on Columbia Street.